This book is filled with sleazebags, rapists, absent fathers and drug addicts who drive their girlfriends to suicide. It was hard enough to find anyone of value. So here’s Chase, the only real good guy from “Crank.” Let’s see how good he really is.
- takes drugs
- high school student
- has somewhat of a future
- He is in love with a girl
- who is pregnant with another man’s baby
- and she’s addicted to meth
- he might be addicted, but probably not
- jury is out on this one.
- doesn’t want to have sex with a girl who was just raped
- like, cares about her state of mind
- sort of
- is willing to stay with her even though she’s having another man’s baby
- he doesn’t really make Kristina go to the doctor
- or the cops
- after the rape
- I mean he just kind of is like
- maybe we should wait a week before having sex
- he also takes meth with her
- and introduces her to a bunch of other drugs
- like E.
He seems like he could potentially be a decent guy, and he probably is, for his age. But he’s a little too passive and a little too destructive, and I’m not seeing a whole lot of stunning qualities. He is willing to stay with his girlfriend through her pregnancy, but the book ends before we can see if he really sticks it out. Rating: Meth is bad. Do not date boys who take meth.