So you have read my reviews. Or you’re about to. A few things might cross your mind about me:
- feminist bitch
- reads a lot
- reads too much
- appears to be more concerned with reading than making sandwiches for men
All of these things would be true.
But I am critical of myself and my process, so I wanted to examine what goes through my mind as I rate dudes:
- I’m sort of lenient on male characters who cheat
- as long as they make up for it in other ways
- however, IRL, my cheating standards are much higher
- which is interesting. I have a double standard here.
- Probably because reading books is sort of like engaging in a fantasy.
- I do not usually forgive incest
- But I will forgive something like murder
- if it was justified
- because I sort of like carnal impulses in my literary dudes.
So what makes a good sexy character?
- His own code of morality
- understanding and empathy
- motivation counts a lot
- doesn’t have to be intelligent
- I mean, you can be dumb and still hot
- funny preferred, not necessary.
- I must be able to imagine you pulling me out of a burning building.
- Or, better yet, there can be a scene of you pulling me out of a burning building
- a hurt soul is preferred
- but not a whining one
- give me someone in secret pain
- I like a fixer-upper.
Do you have someone you want me to rate? Let me know. I’ll consider it. Well, reasonably speaking. I don’t want to do another Frankenstein’s Bitch.