This book had a lot of blah blah about food that I just skipped. I know the recipes had some kind of hidden meaning in the text, but I use Seamless and unsuspecting dates to get food, not my own hands. I mean, I did melt some cheese in a pan today. Does that count?
There was only like, one dude in this whole village. It was so bad that one girl ran away with a soldier and another went to a mental asylum to meet a new man. It was that bad. Aren’t you glad we have OKCupid, so that jerks are just a click away?
- in love with Tita
- that’s about it in terms of details.
- he can’t marry Tita
- because she’s supposed to never marry and take care of her mom
- so he marries Tita’s sister to stay close to her
- and the sister has all kinds of problems, like bad breath
- saggy vagina
- big belly
- no breast milk
- vomited her own wedding cake
- the author just made the sister as unappealing as possible.
- Stuck around? Points for that, maybe?
- Stuck around for twelve years.
- Around but not active
- He never really stood up to Tita’s mom or anything
- And he married Tita’s sister
- and cheated on her with Tita
- and got her pregnant
- Why can’t anyone just enjoy sex in any of these books?
- Cheated on his wife with her sister
- I don’t think he went to college or anything
- Actually he doesn’t really seem to do anything?
- What does this cat do?
- Other than whine and have sex with people’s sisters?
I’m not down with this dude. His best qualities seem to be staying around and waiting for convenient times to have sex. He’s like mold, if mold had sex. Oh and when he finally can be with Tita, he dies during sex, and then Tita basically kills herself by eating candles. It’s a lot more romantic in the book, but that’s what it amounts to.
Tita, you should have married the dude you met in the mental asylum.
Pedro, go to school, locate your balls, go back in time and make Tita your wife the first time around. All your romantic whining took twelve years and then you died with your pants around your ankles. Not a good look. BONER-KILLER.